Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Prototype

Tomorrow I am going to go over to 3rd Ward and start to build the prototype with David. Friday I am being interviewed by Duncan at my studio and I am hoping to bring him to 3rd Ward to show him what I am working on. His video footage is going to be instrumental in creating interest in this project. He has agreed to come with me to Haiti as well. If it all goes well, I will come back and make more. Why not?
Also, I named the project "Domes for Haiti" but it could just as easily be "Domes for Sri Lanka" or Anyplace else in the world. I will keep the name as it is in honor of Haiti whose suffering is so huge that it hit me full force in the heart.

Everyone I mention this project too is getting excited about it. I think they are talking to their friends about it.

I am aware that many people want to help alleviate the suffering in Haiti, yet they do not know how to do it. I hope that I can give some people something they can do to actually help. It's totally grass roots.

So, I will have a website soon, but in the meantime, here is the partial wish list for the project:


343 10' sticks of 1" metal conduit pipe
260 bolts & nuts (3/8"x 2") (hex head)
520 flat washers (3/8")
100 5' sticks of rebar, bent in a hook shape to stake the domes down
red and white spray paint


170 yards of 20' wide vinyl
5 yards of 10' wide screen material
10 - 15 grommets per dome = 150 grommets
Bungee cords - 150
velcro
vinyl glue

optional: reflective tarps to hang inside ventilation windows in roof for causes of extreme heat ....

No comments:

Post a Comment